Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finally! Dessert!

After days and days of "La Guerre on the Square", I finally got to actually PLANT something yesterday!!! It was a day of much rejoicing for me. The "carre au fleurs" -- square of flowers -- as it is called has been a bit of a battle that I came to refer to as la guerre (war) on the square. Christian would ask how the battle was going -- truly I had a formidable enemy. Today I managed to weed most of the remaining corners -- and made another trip to Jardinland for more nice things to plant. The clerk remembered me (I had quite a haul the day before) and said, surprised, "encore?!". Oui, encore.

I feel like after gagging down lima beans and brussels sprouts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that I finally -- finally -- got to have dessert!

Victory is sweet!

Things feel like they are wrapping up here... I'm seeing Niels and David tomorrow morning and we have dinner with some locals in the evening. Thinking about being home soon... a bientot.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Say Hi for me to Niels and David. Wish I was there to have some of their delicious cooking... yum! You better dip your feet in the pool for me too!