Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Je suis ici!

I am here and everything is going well. My flight from Portland to Houston was very smooth and Houston had a nice surprise -- no connection in Newark as I expected -- just straight through to Paris. I had nice seat companions on the long flight -- Eleanor (a teacher in East LA) and her husband. Eleanor had some great info on Paris to share so I'm going to check out some of the spots she showed me.

I took the RER from the airport -- much faster and cheaper than the Roissy Bus -- and a station agent kindly helped me when I forgot to validate my ticket (though he did scold me a little bit). I found my way to the hotel (only two changes on the metro). My hotel is in a great location! It's just down the street from the Ecole Militaire. I'm on the top floor in perhaps the tiniest room you can imagine but I can see the Eiffel Tower from my window! A room with a view! Imagine that! The shower curtain is rather amorous and I can pretty much do all necessary actiities in the bathroom from one spot, but I really don't care. I'm having a wonderful time so far.

Okay, I'm suddenly very hungry... time to find a patisserie!

A bientot!

Amy

No comments: