Friday, July 6, 2007

Vendredi == Friday

After coffee and pain au raisin, Stacey and Tristan took off for Germany via Switzerland. Deb and I hit the museums and the Jardin de Tuilleries (where Tristan spotted Rene Zellweger in a photo shoot yesterday). While my `star sighting' was limited to an unknown (to me, anyway) Asian singer and later a model == though, now that I think of it, it may have been the same girl. I found the best restroom in Paris (you may think that's a funny thing to say, but not after you've been hoofin' it all day long). Deb and I took Rick Steves advice and ate dinner at Camille = and really, it was a fantastic meal. Her mashed potatoes were the best I have ever had, and I ordered a side plate of them instead of dessert -- yes, they were that good!

Tomorrow, Deb and I have one more full day in Paris - we plan to hit the Rodin museum and do some shopping. By the way, we will need to blog about the craziest (and most brilliant idea) of a department store called BHV -- where you can get socks and sockets in the same aisle!!! Seriously! (or SERIEUUUUUUX!!!!)

Oh, and by the way -- last year I was the kid who stayed home and pulled weeds all summer -- this year, I was the kid who went to Versailles -- and pulled weeds! I couldn't help it.... :)

Bon Soir!
Amy

1 comment:

JAM said...

Your star-spotting chances should be pretty good today. Check out this NY Times article about Eva Longoria's wedding to Tony Parker in Paris today. They were married by the mayor!

(I'm Deb's friend, by the way.)