Saturday, July 7, 2007

Last day in Paris

The picture below would be me pulling weeds at Versailles. Deb and I hit Paris again for one last time. We went to the Rodin Museum == which I really loved. Today was pretty much a perfect day in Paris for me. After the Rodin, Deb went off to the Musee d'Orsay and I wandered around for a while before going to the Mode and Modern Textiles exhibit at the Louvre == which just happened to be a series of avant garde dance costumes, primarily designed by Gautier. It was really interesting. All of Paris (and France) is in extreme shopping mode as it is sale time. Apparently, by law, the stores are allowed only two sale times per year! Lucky for us, we are here at that time == but to be honest, it is a mad house at every store. I managed to find a wonderful, uncrowded boutique near Rue Cler and found a GREAT Paris dress for only 22.50 Euro (about 27 US dollars). I ended up wearing it out of the store, and must have picked a good one, because I actually got a few looks (and not in a bad way).

Deb had a great time at the d'0rsay and is upstairs enjoying her very fancy dessert from the patisserie across the street from where we ate dinner. Rue Cler is a great place for excellent food findings = I had some fantastic cheese and enormous raspberries for lunch from the shops there.

We depart tomorrow for Strasbourg == looking forward to a change of pace, but both of us really enjoyed Paris.

A bientot!

Amy

No comments: